The DC Chapter serves as an invaluable networking venue, bringing practitioners from the huge range of conservation organizations, governmental entities, and academic institutions found in the greater DC area together for discussion groups, regularly scheduled meetings, speaker events, and that honored and time-tested DC networking tradition: the DC Happy Hour. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or ideas for events.
Exploring Careers in Conservation
October 22, 2014
Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library
Mark your calendars for this opportunity to learn about diverse career paths and how to successfully prepare for a career in conservation. The evening will include a speaker panel, Q&A and small group discussions organized by topic. Leaders from the conservation field will share stories about their career paths and what they learned along the way. If you’re interested in wildlife, renewable energy, non-profits, government agencies, other conservation-related fields or you’re just curious about the possibilities, then this event is for you!
Stay tuned for updates about the panelists and agenda. If you have any questions about the event or would like to suggest topics for discussion, please let us know at scbindc (at) gmail (dot) com.
Directions: Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library is located at 901 G Street NW. The nearest metro stops are Gallery Place and Metro Center.
• Dec. 4, 2013: SCB Open House - A mixer at SCB headquarters
• Jan. 9, 2014: Smith Fellows Social on the Hill - Lounge 201
• Mar. 27, 2014: Project Passenger Pigeon - A conservation conversation at Koshland Science Museum
• Apr. 29, 2014: Why Biodiversity Matters to the U.S. Government - A panel discussion on how different federal agencies address biodiversity conservation
• Sept. 18, 2014: Paddle Night on the Anacostia River - discovering the Anacostia River by canoe and kayak with the Anacostia Watershed Society. Trip started at the Ballpark Boathouse near Nationals Stadium.