SCB Job Board
Thank you for viewing this job. This job posting service is offered free of charge by SCB to the conservation community!
Currently 3592 jobs in database:
16 job(s) are only visible to current SCB members. Login now or wait 48 hours to see them too.
Summer Botany Technicians
Job Type: full-time temporary position
Location: South Dakota
Posting Date: 13 Jan 14
Closing Date: 5 Apr 14
Late June to late August. Dates flexible.
Three field botany technicians needed to assist in a South Dakota State University graduate study mapping and classifying native prairie in the South Dakota Prairie Coteau in northeast SD.
Primary duties include:
• Vegetation sampling
• Delineating prairie using GPS
• Computer data entry
• Must be able to use a dichotomous key.
• Must be detail-oriented when collecting and data and following protocol.
• Must be able to hike all day and work in adverse conditions (biting insects, heat/humidity)
• Must be able to work in a team and independently.
• Must be willing to camp in the field if necessary.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
• Good plant identification skills, specifically in tall-grass prairie ecosystem.
• Experience driving ATV and four-wheel drive vehicles.
• Experience with GPS, GIS, and Juno Trimble equipment.
• Commitment to scientific research and/or the conservation of the prairie ecosystem.
• Familiar with vegetation sampling techniques
Training will be provided for all vegetation sampling techniques and equipment handling.
Contact Information:To apply please email resume, cover letter and contact information for three references to Diane Narem at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31st. Applications will be reviewed as they come in.
Please mention "I found this on the SCB website..." if you make a contact as a result of seeing opportunities posted here.