SCB Job Board
Thank you for viewing this job. This job posting service is offered free of charge by SCB to the conservation community!
Currently 3577 jobs in database:
16 job(s) are only visible to current SCB members. Login now or wait 48 hours to see them too.
Seasonal Integrated Pest Management and Conservation Technician
Job Type: full-time temporary position
Posting Date: 3 Feb 14
Closing Date: 17 Mar 14
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Positions Currently Available: 3
Open until filled
Term of Employment Start Date on or around: April 21, 2014
Term of Employment End Date on or around: October 17, 2014
Hourly Pay Range: $11.00- $15.00
Hours of Employment: 40 hours per week. Hours vary - usually Monday - Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 pm. May change to four 10 hour shifts as appropriate. Some weekends. Overtime as needed.
Under general direction, performs a variety of integrated pest management (IPM), wildlife management and maintenance tasks on natural lands. Performs related duties as assigned.
Position Duties by Ranking of Importance:
• Works within a crew to maximize safety, project completion, team cohesion and individual contribution.
• Removes noxious weeds by utilizing assorted mechanical methods (digging, hand pulling, whipping, tractor and mower operation, etc.) and by chemical control (spot spraying, wicking, etc.). May assist with biological and cultural control methods.
• Performs prairie dog management tasks including surveys, colony monitoring, mapping, installing and maintaining barriers and potentially trapping and removal.
• Maintains detailed records of work performed and resources used.
• Utilizes GPS technology to collect data points in the field for annual map creation.
• Assists with research, monitoring, and data collection associated with various natural land management tasks (IPM, wildlife, etc.), performs data entry and provides information for annul reports.
• Performs restoration projects such as native seed collection, re-seeding, mitigation work and wildlife habitat enhancements.
• Leads volunteer, jail crew, youth crew and community service projects and assists with public environmental education and outreach programs.
• Assists with maintenance and construction of park infrastructure and trails and installation of signs.
• Performs various urban wildlife management tasks.
• Assists with mulching and tree/shrub removal and planting.
• Prioritizes arising needs and solves operations related problems in the field.
• Operates and maintains equipment for safe and effective use. Clean and organize supplies, vehicles, and equipment and follow established procedures.
• Operates a city vehicle; possibly four-wheel drive; possibly on rough terrain.
• Takes proper safety precautions, anticipates unsafe circumstances and acts accordingly to prevent accidents/injuries. Uses all proper safety equipment. Reports all accidents, injuries and damage to property.
• Responsible for knowing and complying with all city and department policies, participating in professional trainings and development and adhering to attendance and workplace attire policies.
• Other duties as assigned (may include work such as trash removal, restroom maintenance, etc.).
Contact Information:For more information and
Please go to https://bouldercolorado.gov/jobs-and-volunteer.
Look for the title "Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and Conservation Technician” under the Parks & Recreation Department and click on it. Please note that there are multiple departments with IPM positions but this one also has the Conservation duties. Be sure to select the proper job when applying. Check the web site often for listings.
Please mention "I found this on the SCB website..." if you make a contact as a result of seeing opportunities posted here.