SCB Job Board
Thank you for viewing this job. This job posting service is offered free of charge by SCB to the conservation community!
Currently 3588 jobs in database:
12 job(s) are only visible to current SCB members. Login now or wait 48 hours to see them too.
Job Type: part-time temporary position
Location: New York
Posting Date: 12 Feb 14
Closing Date: 31 Mar 14
Required Qualifications/ Skills:
• Associates or Bachelors degree required in environmental education, education with emphasis on science, environmental science, or similar and/or 2-3 years experience teaching outdoor, hands-on science
• Understanding of basic ecological concepts and willingness to learn environmental education lessons
• Willingness to be flexible and adapt to the needs of the program and participants
• Ability to follow instruction without close supervision
• Ability and willingness to work outdoors in all types of weather
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds, carry tools and plants, stand for long periods of time.
Desired Qualifications/ Skills:
• First Aid and CPR Training
• Hands-on curriculum development experience
• Familiarity with the natural areas of Van Cortlandt Park
Salary: $12-$14/hour depending on prior experience
Reports to: Director of Programs
• Temporary position: March 24th to November 28th 2014 with the possibility of extension
• Spring and Fall: 15-20 hours per week; mostly between 9:30 am to 1:30 pm
• Summer: approximately 28 hours per week; Monday – Thursday 9 am to 4 pm
• Must be flexible with hours and willing to work most Saturdays
• Occasional weekday evenings for special events
Contact Information:If you are interested, send your resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 7th, 2014.
The Friends of Van Cortlandt Park is located at 80 Van Cortlandt Park South, Ste. E1, Bronx, NY 10463.
Please mention "I found this on the SCB website..." if you make a contact as a result of seeing opportunities posted here.