SCB Job Board
Thank you for viewing this job. This job posting service is offered free of charge by SCB to the conservation community!
Currently 4587 jobs in database:
15 job(s) are only visible to current SCB members. Login now or wait 48 hours to see them too.
ON-CALL BIOLOGICAL MONITOR – IMPERIAL COUNTY (24 MONTHS)
Job Type: full-time temporary position
Posting Date: 26 Jun 14
Closing Date: 25 Sep 14
The biological monitor reports directly to Lead Biologist on inquiries relating to biological resources. The biological monitor prepares daily logs, weekly summaries, and prepares monthly compliance reports. During initial site construction project construction, the biological monitor will be in the field approximately 100% of the time. Must reside in or relocate to Imperial Valley, CA (near El Centro) to be close to project site.
As required, the biological monitor must meet the following minimum qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in biological sciences, zoology, botany, ecology, or a closely related field;
• Three years experience in field biology or current certification of a nationally recognized biological society, such as The Ecological Society of America or The Wildlife Society;
• At least one year of field experience with biological resources found in or near the project area.
The on-call biological monitor shall perform the following during any site mobilization, ground disturbance, grading, construction, operation, and closure activities:
1. Advise the project owner's Construction Project Manager (CPM), supervising construction and operations engineer on the implementation of the biological resources Conditions of Certification;
2. Be available to supervise or conduct mitigation, monitoring, and other biological resources compliance efforts, particularly in areas requiring avoidance or containing sensitive biological resources, such as special status species or their habitat;
3. Clearly mark sensitive biological resource areas and inspect these areas at appropriate intervals for compliance with regulatory terms and conditions;
4. Inspect active construction areas where animals may have become trapped prior to construction commencing each day. At the end of the day, inspect for the installation of structures that prevent entrapment or allow escape during periods of construction inactivity. Periodically inspect areas with high vehicle activity for animals in harms way;
5. Notify the project owner and the CPM of any non-compliance with any biological resources Condition of Certification;
6. Respond directly to inquiries of the CPM regarding biological resource issues;
7. The biological monitor is also required to assist or be consulted in the development of the Worker Environmental Awareness Program (WEAP), and may perform training; and
This is a contract project position, and you will be required to work at least 5 days a week, 13 hr. work days.
Contact Information:Applicants can email their cover letter and resume with references to:
UltraSystems Environmental is a Woman-owned business and an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer encouraging people of all races, genders, and ages, as well as veterans, to apply.
Please mention "I found this on the SCB website..." if you make a contact as a result of seeing opportunities posted here.