SCB Job Board
Thank you for viewing this job. This job posting service is offered free of charge by SCB to the conservation community!
Currently 1923 jobs in database:
6 job(s) are only visible to current SCB members. Login now or wait 48 hours to see them too.
Job Type: full-time temporary position
Posting Date: 12 Mar 13
Closing Date: 31 May 13
Term of Position: Full-time Summer (June 2, 2013–August 10, 2013) and/or Fall (August 18, 2013-early June, 2014). Must be available to work weekend and evening hours. Both seasons include 2 weeks of training.
• Present DLC programs in natural and cultural history, inquiry-based science, and resource stewardship for children; primarily students aged 8-16
• Lead half-day and day-long educational/interpretive hikes on Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore trails including living history cultural programs
• Attend training workshops, NPS shadowing sessions and regularly scheduled staff meetings
• Ensure safety and well-being of program participants
• Conduct evening and weekend programs as scheduled
• Assist in the maintenance of all program supplies, equipment, and facilities
• Assist with other duties as required
• BA/BS in Natural Sciences, Biology, Education, Parks and Recreation Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Resource or Heritage Interpretation, Outdoor/Environmental Education, or related field
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Physically able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and hike several miles over hilly dunes terrain while carrying a 25-lb backpack
• Great independent worker and team player
• Possess valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation for local travel between housing and DLC
• Prior experience in classroom teaching, outdoor education, residential camp setting, nature centers, or day camps
• Lifesaving and water safety certification
All Dunes Learning Center employees must submit to a background check and possible drug screening.
Benefits: $215.00 per week stipend, shared (private bedroom) housing located on INDU property, uniforms, First Aid and CPR training, meals when groups are in residence, and professional development opportunities.
To Apply: E-mail a cover letter, resume, and 3 references to contact including name, relationship, phone number and email address, to Erin Crofton, Education Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Information:Erin Crofton
Dunes Learning Center
700 Howe Road
Chesterton, IN 46304
Phone: (219) 395-9555 x3
Fax: (219) 395-8160
Please mention "I found this on the SCB website..." if you make a contact as a result of seeing opportunities posted here.