SCB Job Board
Thank you for viewing this job. This job posting service is offered free of charge by SCB to the conservation community!
Currently 3904 jobs in database:
15 job(s) are only visible to current SCB members. Login now or wait 48 hours to see them too.
Job Type: full-time temporary position
Posting Date: 30 Jan 14
Closing Date: 1 May 14
Term of Position: Full-time Summer (June 6, 2014–August 9, 2014) and/or Fall (August 17, 2014- May 31, 2015). Must be available to work weekend and evening hours. Both seasons include 2 weeks of training.
• Present DLC programs in natural and cultural history, inquiry-based science, and resource stewardship for children; primarily students aged 8-16
• Lead half-day and day-long educational/interpretive hikes on Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore trails including living history cultural programs
• Attend training workshops, NPS shadowing sessions and regularly scheduled staff meetings
• Ensure safety and well-being of program participants
• Conduct evening and weekend programs as scheduled
• Assist in the maintenance of all program supplies, equipment, and facilities
• Assist with other duties as required
• BA/BS in Natural Sciences, Biology, Education, Parks and Recreation Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Resource or Heritage Interpretation, Outdoor/Environmental Education, or related field
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Physically able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and hike several miles over hilly dunes terrain while carrying a 25-lb backpack
• Great independent worker and team player.
• Possess valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation for local travel between housing and DLC
• Prior experience in classroom teaching, outdoor education, residential camp setting, nature centers, or day camps
• Lifesaving and water safety certification
All Dunes Learning Center employees must submit to a background check and possible drug screening.
Benefits: $215.00 per week stipend, shared (private bedroom) housing located on INDU property, uniforms, First Aid and CPR training, meals when groups are in residence, and professional development opportunities.
Contact Information:To Apply: E-mail a cover letter, resume, and 3 references including name, relationship, phone number and email address, to Erin Crofton, Education Director at email@example.com.
Please mention "I found this on the SCB website..." if you make a contact as a result of seeing opportunities posted here.