SCB Job Board
Thank you for viewing this job. This job posting service is offered free of charge by SCB to the conservation community!
Currently 4369 jobs in database:
12 job(s) are only visible to current SCB members. Login now or wait 48 hours to see them too.
Logistics Unit Director, Nouabale Ndoki National Park. Wildlife Conservation Society.
Job Type: full-time permanent position
Posting Date: 5 May 14
Closing Date: 4 Aug 14
The Logistics Unit Director, Nouable Ndoki National Park, will report to the Nouabale Ndoki National Park Director. The primary objective is to establish and oversee efficient systems for for the Nouabale Ndoki National Park (NNNP). S/he will maintain appropriate communication with NNNP Sector Managers, WCS Congo staff and associates. S/he will be responsible for all matters related to logistics and the basic operations of the National Park in relation to: procurement, transport and vehicle maintenance, asset management, compound maintenance, warehousing / stock control, and the distribution of goods. He/she will monitor and oversee the operations of the Park to ensure that systems are being correctly implemented and comply with WCS and donor standards.
The Logistics Unit Director is based in the field, living permanently on-site at the park headquarters, Bomassa.
• Overall supervision of the Logistics unit and staff
• Ensure efficiency in all aspects of operations, advising the NNNP Director of any problems or weakness in procedures
• Oversee supply chain management including all food, field equipment, expendable supplies and fuel
• In collaboration with the NNNP Director and the relevant responsible, prepare quarterly procurement planning for: foods- office supplies – furniture and equipments – maintenance.
• Coordinate transport of all staff and associates
• Oversee vehicle fleet management and maintenance of all major equipment
• Ensure communications systems (phone, radio, internet) are operational and adhere to procedures
• Assist with coordination of on-site meetings and workshops
• Oversee management of Park Headquarters office and facilities, including lease arrangements and payment of rent, property insurance, procurement of office supplies, furniture and equipment, security arrangements, and supervision of maintenance and cleaning.
• Ensure that equipment and supplies are procured according to project needs and budget, and that supplies and equipment are inventoried, issued and used in accordance with established procedures
• Oversee management of the park vehicle fleet (registration, insurance, repairs and maintenance, and trip scheduling); ensure that vehicles are used according to WCS’s vehicle regulations and that fuel use is properly monitored;
• Implement digital inventory system and for monitoring equipment
• Work with Finance and Administration Unit Director to oversee service providers (i.e. construction, maintenance etc.)
• Maintain efficient power supply and ensure all utilities are operational
• Perform other related duties for the NNNP as requested by the supervisor.
• Extensive professional experience with logistical systems, procurement, contracting construction in Africa and/or other remote regions
• Proven ability to work with national and local organizations. .
• Experience working in a developing country setting.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal. English & French required.
• Effective “roll up the sleeves” work ethic, with attention to detail.
• Proven managerial skill and ability to work in a team setting within an organization.
Contact Information:To apply:
Please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to: the WCS Africa Program at email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org. Include contact information for three references and specify whether we may contact each of these or whether this should await your approval.
Please mention "I found this on the SCB website..." if you make a contact as a result of seeing opportunities posted here.