SCB Job Board
Thank you for viewing this job. This job posting service is offered free of charge by SCB to the conservation community!
Currently 2915 jobs in database:
12 job(s) are only visible to current SCB members. Login now or wait 48 hours to see them too.
Field Biologist for Sacramento Office of Ecological Consulting Firm
Job Type: full-time permanent position
Posting Date: 7 Oct 13
Closing Date: 3 Jan 14
H. T. Harvey & Associates is a premier ecological consulting firm based in California and Hawaii. We apply our expertise to create ecologically sound solutions to our clients’ complex natural resource challenges.
We are seeking a field biologist with a strong background in one or more of the following disciplines: botany, plant ecology, wetland ecology, natural resources management, rangeland management, forestry, fisheries/aquatic ecology, restoration ecology, or similar technical background. The field biologist will assist senior-level biologists in our office and throughout our firm with a variety of field surveys for special-status species, preparation of background studies and technical reports, preparation of permit application packages, habitat impact assessments, preparation of natural resources management and conservation plans, and habitat monitoring studies. This is a full-time position and will be based out of our Sacramento office. The position involves work throughout Central and Northern California, and may require occasional overnight travel.
Applicants must possess a strong academic background in any discipline described above (BA/BS minimum, MA/MS preferred) along with 2 – 5 years practical experience in some or all of the following: rare plant surveys, wetland delineations, vegetation mapping, plant population and community monitoring, natural resource management and planning, and vernal pool crustacean surveys. Prior experience in Northern and Central California is highly desired. Excellent writing and analytical skills are also essential.
Other skills and experiences that would be valued, but not required, include:
• possession of current federal and California special-status species survey permits (e.g., U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service [USFWS] Section 10(a)(1)(A) recovery permit);
• prior training in field wetland delineation to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ (USACE) standards;
• prior experience preparing permit application packages for the USFWS, USACE, California Department of Fish and Wildlife, California Regional Water Quality Control Boards, and similar federal and California regulatory agencies;
• knowledge of relevant California and federal regulations (e.g., Section 404 of the federal Clean Water Act, federal and California Endangered Species Acts, etc.); and,
• good working knowledge of GIS software, field data collection and data management, and GPS usage.
H. T. Harvey & Associates is an energetic, forward-thinking business with an employee focus, offering an excellent salary and benefits package and a positive, progressive small business work environment.
Our employment package includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401K. More information about H. T. Harvey & Associates and our areas of expertise can be obtained at http://www.harveyecology.com. Position is available immediately; pay commensurate with experience.
Contact Information:Interested candidates should respond by e-mailing your cover letter, resume, salary requirements, transcripts, and references to email@example.com and reference “Sacramento Field Biologist” position.
H. T. Harvey & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities strongly encouraged to apply.
Please mention "I found this on the SCB website..." if you make a contact as a result of seeing opportunities posted here.