SCB Job Board
Thank you for viewing this job. This job posting service is offered free of charge by SCB to the conservation community!
Currently 4584 jobs in database:
16 job(s) are only visible to current SCB members. Login now or wait 48 hours to see them too.
Digital Media Specialist
Job Type: full-time permanent position
Posting Date: 7 Aug 14
Closing Date: 31 Oct 14
Would you like to contribute your digital media skills to create a measurably more sustainable world? Manomet Center for Conservation Sciences has an immediate opening for a talented Digital Media Specialist. For more information, please visit our website at www.manomet.org.
The Digital Media Specialist supports the organization’s strategic communications by managing the organization’s online presence, production of materials, and analytics. The position reports to the Director of Communications and may be located in Plymouth, MA or Brunswick, ME.
About Manomet Center for Conservation Sciences
For more than 45 years, Manomet scientists have worked with a wide range of partners to solve complex natural resource challenges. We are dedicated to creating a measurably more sustainable world. We believe that society’s economic, social, and environmental values are connected and must be integrated if humans are to live sustainably on a planet with finite resources. Manomet uses science to help communities, businesses, and government measurably improve their practices and sustainability. Our approach is to work side-by-side with stakeholders and businesses to make it practical and simple for them to make a real difference.
Manomet’s programs pursue four goals:
1. To restore and maintain shorebird populations in the Western Hemisphere.
2. To prepare North American landscapes for climate change.
3. To help create an economy based on sustainability.
4. To connect people to nature.
With an annual budget of $4.5 million, Manomet has about 40 scientists and support staff working from the north slope of Alaska to the southern tip of Argentina. Manomet offers an entrepreneurial atmosphere of dedicated professionals who support each other in a common vision of creating a more sustainable world. Our headquarters are located in Plymouth, MA on a bluff overlooking beautiful Cape Cod Bay, about 45 miles south of Boston. Manomet also has offices in Maine, Vermont, Chile, and Paraguay.
1. Digital Reach
Maintain and grow social media presence. Manage multiple social media channels on a daily basis. Generate well-written, timely content that engages audiences and leads to positive action. Assist and encourage program staff to contribute to social media and blogs.
Stay current on digital media trends and develop new ways to engage online audiences.
2. Content Management
Regularly maintain organization website content. Keep content fresh, compelling, and accurate.
Build online donation and event registration pages as needed.
Monitor, analyze, and maximize site traffic, newsletter subscriptions, and social media following.
Track and report on metric analytics to evaluate the effectiveness of social media outreach, newsletters, and website content, including conversion to donors.
Monitor media coverage.
Manage the production and distribution of all marketing print and electronic materials, including the magazine, newsletters, and brochures.
Manage vendor relations with designers, printers, and web developers.
5. Digital Media
Serve as the primary disseminator and conduit of information within the organization and to key stakeholders.
Shoot and/or arrange for photography and videography of Manomet’s programs and events. Manage and build digital library.
Maintain intranet library of communications files, links, and collateral material from throughout the organization.
6. Manage Café Press online merchandise shop.
1. Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of related experience required.
2. Demonstrated success at managing and inspiring online communities. Understanding of how to use social media to build an online brand.
3. Exceptional written communication skills. Ability to quickly distill complex concepts into engaging pieces and easily digestible bites.
4. Highly technically competent at using social media platforms, content management systems, and email marketing tools.
5. Creative and analytical thinker with excitement for new ideas. An energetic self-starter able to work independently and as part of a team.
6. Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Proven reliability in meeting deadlines. Attentive and responsive. Ability to multitask and work with multiple staff.
7. Basic graphic design skills and ability to create infographics and edit videos. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
8. Commitment to and passion for Manomet’s mission to create a measurably more sustainable world.
Manomet offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive package of benefits. Manomet is an equal opportunity employer.
Contact Information:How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter as attachments to email@example.com. Please reference the job title in the subject line. The position is available immediately and applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible
Please mention "I found this on the SCB website..." if you make a contact as a result of seeing opportunities posted here.