SCB Job Board
Thank you for viewing this job. This job posting service is offered free of charge by SCB to the conservation community!
Currently 3903 jobs in database:
15 job(s) are only visible to current SCB members. Login now or wait 48 hours to see them too.
Job Type: volunteer position
Posting Date: 4 Feb 14
Closing Date: 4 May 14
Ya’axché, like most NGOs, is dependent on grant funding and has to fundraise to attain the funds necessary to finance its programs and associated costs such as salaries and administration costs. Ya’axché’s Development team leads fundraising efforts, guided by the organization’s Financing Strategy, with the support of relevant staff. This team is inclusive of one full staff employee and two volunteers. The team keeps track of its current and past efforts on an online and server database which is inclusive of funding history and funding schedule. The team works closely with the Executive Director, Program Managers and Finance Manager to ensure the needs of the organization are met.
The Development Officer will work as part of the Development Team, managed by the Head Development Officer. The post holder will work closely with the Head Development Officer and relevant Ya’axché staff. Development Officers, with the support of the Head Development Officer, are responsible to ensure that fundraising is continuous to ensure that the needs of the organization are met. S/he will play an essential and key organizational role in researching funding opportunities; profiling new donors; and developing and maintain donor and finance records. As required, s/he will also support the development of project concepts and funding proposals, both for specific projects and for the organization as whole.
A work plan will be agreed with the Head Development Officer. Time allocation between the different responsibilities will vary.
• Maintaining financing and other data storage systems relating to the Development Team (e.g. grants folder in on the file server, prospect list and fundraising history).
• Prospecting for new donors, using online resources, and updating the prospect list through the identification of upcoming proposal deadlines.
• Working closely with the Head Development Officer to support project development and proposal writing, as requested. This may require consultation within Ya’axché; Fauna & Flora International (FFI); relevant stakeholders (including community groups when appropriate); donor agencies; and private business (when appropriate).
• Delivering activities outlined within the Operational Plan, as required by the Head Development Officer.
• Investigating novel financing mechanisms, through consultation with Ya’axché staff and FFI.
• Maintaining donor relations through the Donor Contact Schedule.
• Providing general support to the Head Development Officer, as required.
• Establishing good working relationships across the organisation and a strong understanding of the organisations activities, objectives, vision and mission in accordance with Ya’axché’s values.
Contact Information:For further information, please visit http://www.yaaxche.org/index.php?page=vacancies or contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject headline "Development Officer Intern".
Please mention "I found this on the SCB website..." if you make a contact as a result of seeing opportunities posted here.