SCB Job Board
Thank you for viewing this job. This job posting service is offered free of charge by SCB to the conservation community!
Currently 3587 jobs in database:
11 job(s) are only visible to current SCB members. Login now or wait 48 hours to see them too.
Job Type: full-time permanent position
Location: Washington, DC
Posting Date: 21 Jan 14
Closing Date: N/A
The SCB seeks a Development Coordinator (DC) to support the operation of the Society who has enthusiasm for the mission and values of the Society. The successful candidate is expected to maintain an office in the Executive Office of SCB in Washington, DC, USA.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Identifies possibilities for support for SCB, in the foundation sector, business sector, corporate contributions for SCB programs in the following fields:
o Support of conferences, both the International Conference on Conservation Biology and Section Conferences (Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, Europe, North America, and Marine)
o Programs including general support, fellowships, mentorships, travel for students from developing countries
o Other projects as identified by the Society for Conservation Biology
• Responsible for researching funding prospects and developing proposals
• Work collaboratively to develop written collateral for distribution to sponsors.
• Assists ED in building long-term relationships with key foundation staff and corporate funding staff.
• Works closely with ED and Development Committee to identify fundable priority work and grant funding opportunities.
• Monitors activities of grant funded programs to insure compliance with donor’s requests and produce all required reports.
• Works closely with the ED to track and report on grant programs, both public and privately funded.
• Participates in re-casting grant language to contribute to Society messages and marketing materials.
• Other duties and tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, communications, marketing or similar field and 1 to 3 years related experience or equivalent combination.
• Experience in grant writing, researching, and editing required.
• Knowledge of current trends in the specific field and in fundraising.
• Superb writing, editing and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to set priorities, organize and manage diverse activities. Successful experience in researching and compiling information from many sources.
• Ability to work both as a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with a wide range of people.
Responsibility/Oversight –Financial & Supervisory:
• Demonstrated experience in developing budgets for proposals with the assistance of PI's.
• May serve as a team leader for assigned projects and coordinate the work of others.
• May supervise volunteers, consultants, interns.
• Provides a variety of information to staff and others to assist workflow throughout the organization.
• Communication and presentation skills; ability to persuasively convey the mission of SCB to diverse groups including donors, board members, the public and others.
• Solicit program support through clear written communications, including proposal writing and other written materials.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
• Work requires only minor physical exertion and/or strain. Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements.
• Ability to work under stress during workload periods.
• Occasional travel and leading field trips required.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Contact Information:Please send cover letter, resume, and salary expectations to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by February 20, 2014
Please mention "I found this on the SCB website..." if you make a contact as a result of seeing opportunities posted here.