SCB Job Board
Thank you for viewing this job. This job posting service is offered free of charge by SCB to the conservation community!
Currently 3605 jobs in database:
21 job(s) are only visible to current SCB members. Login now or wait 48 hours to see them too.
Data Entry Clerk/Administrative Assistant
Job Type: full-time permanent position
Posting Date: 5 Feb 14
Closing Date: 7 May 14
Founded in 1965, the California Native Plant Society (CNPS) is a science‐based non‐profit organization dedicated to increasing understanding and appreciation of California’s native plants, and to conserving them and their natural habitats. The Society’s administrative and technical staff facilitates and supports the work of the chapters and implements statewide programs. The Society is headquartered in Sacramento. CNPS has more than 9,300 members organized in 34 chapters, including the newly‐formed Baja California Chapter.
The California Native Plant Society (CNPS) is seeking a full‐time Data Entry/Administrative Assistant (will consider two part‐time positions). This position requires a highly organized, detailed oriented, and computer savvy individual to maintain the CNPS membership database and provide administrative support to the Executive Director and other CNPS staff as needed as well as to provide administrative support to CNPS
membership volunteer staff. The Data Entry Clerk/Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Finance and Administration Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
Data Entry/Gift Processing (75% of the time)
• Accurately process all incoming memberships and donations including entering payments, new contact information and corrections into the donor database
• Maintain CNPS membership and directory database, including, but not limited to: data entry; generation of membership, donor, and directory reports
• Maintain CNPS Directory and email lists
• Weekly distribute gift acknowledgements and thank‐you letters, including querying database to develop mailing list, merging info into letters, and then printing and shipping letters Sales (10% of the time)
• Process and ship books, posters and other merchandise General (10% of the time)
• Provide reception services and serve as the first point of contact for CNPS
• Open, date, and promptly direct incoming mail to appropriate staff and volunteers
• Stamp and process outgoing correspondence
• Set up and maintain an appropriate and reliable filing system of both electronic and paper files
• Maintain positive and professional relationships with CNPS donors, volunteers, and staff
• Manage office equipment ‐ copiers, fax machine and postage machine
• Assemble and distribute materials for meetings
• Order and maintain office supplies
• When needed, provide support in setting up for meetings, both in and outside of office; including beverages and food
• Provide administrative support to the Executive Director and other CNPS staff as needed
Financial (5% of the time)
• Record checks received
• Assist with posting of accounts payable and accounts receivable
• Bachelor’s with a minimum of one year of experience in a data entry position, or minimum of two years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
• Proven ability to perform timely and accurate data entry
• Ability to handle large volumes of data with attention to detail
• Proficiency with fundraising software/donor database
• Knowledge and experience with PC‐based computer systems and Microsoft Office software; especially Word and Excel
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to work well with people of different backgrounds
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Enjoys working with non profit, grass roots organizations
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
This job requires prolonged sitting and use of computer and mouse, as well as some standing and bending. It may require moving and handling small boxes of books to other parts of office with the assistance of a dolly.
Additional Job Requirements
• Work time is generally Monday through Friday with work to be performed between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm.
• Work location is in Sacramento, California at the CNPS offices.
• A valid California driver’s license and proof of car insurance are required, provided annually.
Compensation and benefits
The position pays $10‐15/hr, based on qualifications and experience. CNPS offers benefits, for full‐time employees, which are competitive with non‐profit organizations of comparable size, including health insurance, retirement match, and paid vacation.
The California Native Plant Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Contact Information:To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume and contact information of three references to:
Finance and Administration Manager
California Native Plant Society
2707 K Street, Ste. 1
Sacramento, CA 95816
Please mention "I found this on the SCB website..." if you make a contact as a result of seeing opportunities posted here.