SCB Job Board
Thank you for viewing this job. This job posting service is offered free of charge by SCB to the conservation community!
Currently 3576 jobs in database:
20 job(s) are only visible to current SCB members. Login now or wait 48 hours to see them too.
Camp Counselor/Naturalist Trainee
Job Type: full-time temporary position
Posting Date: 30 Jan 14
Closing Date: 1 May 14
Specific duties include overnight supervision of campers in cabins, leading evening activities (campfires, group games, etc.), hosting a tent camp out with campers, hosting and supervising a beach party picnic with campers and leading table helper, weather helper and flag raising activities. Camp Counselor/Naturalist Trainees also have the opportunity to shadow NPS staff and to attend educator trainings on a variety of topics.
Term of Position: Full-time, 9 week position June 6, 2014 – Aug 9, 2014 (2 weeks of training-7 weeks of camp), involves weekend and evening hours.
• Supervise summer camp residents overnight in cabins on the campus of Dunes Learning Center
• Lead and assist in leading portions of the summer camp program at DLC
• Ensure safety and well-being of program participants
• Attend training workshops, NPS shadowing sessions and regularly scheduled staff meetings
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Physically able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and hike several miles over hilly dunes
• Enthusiastic about working with children in an outdoor setting
• Currently enrolled in an academic program (Associate or Bachelor level) in any degree area including, but not limited to: Communication, Education, General Studies, Humanities, Liberal Arts, Psychology, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences, Biology, Parks and Recreation Management, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies, Resource or Heritage Interpretation, Outdoor or Environmental Education, or related field
• Great independent worker and team player
• Prior experience in outdoor education, residential camp setting, nature centers, or day camps
• Lifesaving and water safety certification
All Dunes Learning Center employees must submit to a background check and possible drug screening.
Benefits: $200.00 per week stipend, housing in cabins shared with summer camp residents on the campus of Dunes Learning Center, uniforms, First Aid and CPR training, meals when groups are in residence, and professional development opportunities.
Contact Information:To Apply: E-mail a cover letter, resume, and 3 references including name, relationship, phone number and email address, to Erin Crofton, Education Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention "I found this on the SCB website..." if you make a contact as a result of seeing opportunities posted here.