SCB Job Board
Thank you for viewing this job. This job posting service is offered free of charge by SCB to the conservation community!
Currently 4339 jobs in database:
13 job(s) are only visible to current SCB members. Login now or wait 48 hours to see them too.
Arundo Restoration Project Intern
Job Type: volunteer position
Posting Date: 30 May 14
Closing Date: 31 Jul 14
The intern will work between 10-15 hours per week for the summer and possibly fall. The work schedule is flexible within normal business hours. The position is unpaid and located in West Sacramento.
• excellent writing, communication, research, and organization skills
• possess or working towards a degree in a related scientific field (physical, natural, environmental science)
• strong work ethic
• experience writing and communicating technical scientific material
• undergraduate or graduate degree in a related scientific field
• GIS skills
• knowledge or experience with CEQA or environmental permits
• knowledge of ecology, water quality, threatened and endangered species, ecosystem restoration
• experience working in the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta
The Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta is the West Coast’s largest estuary and is home to thousands of acres of river channels and wetlands and more than 800 species of fish, wildlife, and plants. The Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta Conservancy is a state agency charged with ecosystem restoration in the Delta and has developed a project to combat an invasive plant called the Giant Reed, known to scientists as Arundo donax. The Delta Conservancy is working to eradicate Arundo and restore native plants in its place to improve wildlife and fish habitat.
Contact Information:Email cover letter and resume to:
Please mention "I found this on the SCB website..." if you make a contact as a result of seeing opportunities posted here.