Subject: REQUEST FOR INVITATION TO BID: Marker Development and Molecular Analysis of Wedge-Tailed Shearwater
“Marker Development and Molecular Analysis of Wedge-Tailed Shearwater”
The CNMI Division of Fish & Wildlife invites bids for a professional service contractor to develop a set of molecular markers and to genetically characterize a population of wedge-tailed shearwaters (WTSWs).
Project objectives include:
The contractor shall execute the project and shall deliver the following products:
1. A set of nDNA markers and one sex determination marker that are useful for the molecular characterization of the WTSW population;
2. An assessment of the sex ratio and genetic variability in the local WTSW population;
3. An analysis of basic population parameters, including relatedness, effective population size, dispersal rate, and population structure of the local WTSW population;
4. An analysis of relatedness and/or connectivity to at least four WTSW populations in Pacific region associated with continental masses (such as Asia and Australia) and other major island groups (such as Hawai’i and French Polynesia);
Work must be completed and a final analysis and report submitted to CNMI-DFW by September 15, 2014. Payment is contingent upon deliverables; a schedule of deliverables and payments will be established upon initiation of the contract.
The contractor shall provide the professional services of one or more individuals who meet the following criteria:
• An affiliation with to a reputable molecular genetics facility where the work can be performed and samples can be stored in perpetuity;
• Experience developing microsatellite and sex determination markers in birds;
• Experience performing population structure analyses using molecular data;
• Familiarity with general ecology of WTSWs; and
• Access to feather samples for WTSW out groups.
The bid or proposal shall include a per sample cost of analysis.
Proposal bids should be accompanied by:
• Scope of Work
• Statement of needs and expectations (if any)
• CV/resume of project personnel
The contractor must provide “proof of” document(s) demonstrating that they meet or can provide these requirements. Failure to submit “proof of” document(s) will result in the disqualification of the bid.
Submit all proposals to:
Mr. Herman S. Sablan
Director of Procurement and Supply
Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
Saipan, MP 96950
CNMI DLNR - Division of Fish and Wildlife <email@example.com>
Friday, February 28, 2014