Subject: REQUEST FOR INVITATION TO BID: Feral Ungulate Research
The CNMI Division of Fish & Wildlife invites bids for a professional service contractor to perform a survey of the abundance and distribution of feral goats on Aguiguan in March 2014, to manage a hunter check station on Tinian in April 2014, and to collect demographic and health status information on harvested goats.
Project objectives include:
The contractor shall execute the project and shall deliver the following products:
1. A fecal pellet index to model goat abundance and density;
2. A standard written survey protocol for use on goats and other feral ungulates in the Commonwealth;
3. A geospatially-referenced map of the distribution of feral goats on Aguiguan;
4. A statistical analysis of the abundance and distribution of feral goat fecal pellets on Aguiguan; and
5. A report of outcome of the abundance and distribution survey with management (including harvest) recommendations, and the demographic and health status of the herd.
Work must be completed and a final analysis and report submitted to CNMI-DFW by September 15, 2014. Payment is contingent upon deliverables; a schedule of deliverables and payments will be established upon initiation of the contract.
The contractor shall provide the professional services of one or more individuals who meet the following criteria:
• Four-year university degree in conservation biology or wildlife management
• Experience performing surveys of free-ranging ungulates
• Experience collecting demographic data, evaluating animal health status, and collecting tissue samples at hunter check stations
• Expertise in ecological statistics
• Expertise in scientific report writing
• Working knowledge of Global Positioning System (GPS) and Geographical Information System (GIS)
• Experience working in isolated and rugged conditions
• Experience working in multicultural communities
Proposal bids should be accompanied by:
• Scope of Work
• Statement of needs and expectations (if any)
• CV/resume of project personnel
The contractor must provide “proof of” document(s) demonstrating that they meet or can provide these requirements. Failure to submit “proof of” document(s) will result in the disqualification of the bid.
Submit all proposals to:
Mr. Herman S. Sablan
Director of Procurement and Supply
Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands
Saipan, MP 96950
CNMI DLNR - Division of Fish and Wildlife <email@example.com>
Thursday, February 27, 2014