Deadline for workshop proposal submission is 15 November
Workshops will be scheduled before the main scientific program begins (14-18 August 2014) or during lunch breaks. Lunch break workshops will be limited and competitive. Workshops can be held for up to two days. Workshops before the main scientific program might incur some costs. Please contact the IMCC Program Committee for further details.
Proposals must be submitted online (see link at end) and must contain the following information:
1. Workshop title
2. Description and justification (how your workshop will contribute to the overall theme of Making Marine Science Matter)
3. Appropriate congress topic(s) and/or research question
4. Organizer(s) name, affiliation, and complete contact information, including email address
5. Length, number of days, and preferred position in program (pre-meeting or lunch). Pre-meeting workshops may be proposed for a maximum of eight hours. Lunch sessions may be a proposed for a maximum of 1.5 hours.
6. Maximum number of participants that can be accommodated (this will be used to cap registration for pre-meeting sessions and to allocate a suitable sized room).
7. Format of workshop and any special logistic requirements (e.g., a room with internet access, information on catering for lunch-time workshops)
8. Whether any necessary funding for organizer expenses has been secured.
HOW TO SUBMIT
To submit a proposal according to the call instructions and requirements, please click SUBMIT