Deadline for Symposium Proposal Submission is 15 November
Symposia will be two hours in length. Presentation length must be 15 minutes or 30 minutes. Time for discussion must be included in each presentation, and, at a minimum, the last 15 minutes of the symposium must be left open for discussion. Therefore, the maximum number of speakers is seven in one symposia.
Proposals must be submitted online (see link at end) and must contain the following information:
1. Symposium title (limit to 150 characters incl. spaces).
2. Whether this is a joint session with a Focus Group, with justification
3. Description and justification (how your symposium will contribute to the overall theme of Making Marine Science Matter)
4. Appropriate congress topic(s) and/or research question
5. Organizer(s) name, affiliation, and complete contact information, including email address
6. Session length
7. Maximum number of participants
8. Expected outcomes and plans for communication of results
9. A tentative list of speakers, presentation titles, and whether each speaker has agreed to participate
10. Whether any necessary funding for organizer and speaker expenses has been secured (for example, are funds available for speaker travel?)
11. Expected attendance (this will be used to allocate a suitable sized room).
HOW TO SUBMIT
To submit a proposal according to the call instructions and requirements, please click SUBMIT